Elevate Technology Solutions is currently accepting applications for a Network Engineer to support our operations in Rome, NY.
This excellent opportunity requires that the ideal candidate to be customer focused, and willing to join a winning team.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot:
o Network switches, routers, and
o Ancillary equipment (e.g., KVM switches, UPS units, and network-based environmental monitors).
• Perform configuration management tasks, such as data base updates, equipment verification, circuit inventory, and network map maintenance.
The Network Engineer must have the following skills:
• Experience with the operation and maintenance of Cisco network equipment at the access, distribution and core levels.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Strong communication skills to communicate high-level technical concepts to both technical staff and the customer.
• Associates degree or 2-3 years’ work experience.
• Must be available to work on-site at the customer location, Monday through Friday for an 8 hour shift between the hours of 7:00 - 5:00 p.m..
• Understanding of networking technologies should include:
o Cisco IOS
o VOIP (Call Manager Express)
o HP OpenView/Intermapper/SolarWinds (SNMP Collection Station)
o Routing Protocols (EIGRP, HSRP)
o Layer 2 Switching & Layer 3 Routing
o 802.1x (Port Security)
o Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
o VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP)
o Quality of Service (QOS)
o Cisco ACS (TACACs)
o Cisco 3800 Series Routers
o Cisco 3750 Series Switches
o Cisco 4948 Series Switches
o Cisco 6500 Series Switches
o Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
o Cisco Firewall Services Module (FWSM)
o Wireless LAN Controller (WLC)
o Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS)
o Environmental monitors
o User-Level UNIX/Linux experience
• Understanding of core technologies include:
o Management of Access Lists (Standard and Extended)
o Budget tracking
o Network design
o Strategic planning
• CompTIA Security+ certification required within 30 days.
• Cisco CCNA certification required within 6 months.
• Ability to acquire and maintain a Secret clearance.
The Network Engineer must meet the following qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in related field and at least 5 years’ experience.
• 2-6 years experience operating and maintaining a DoD or Air Force Cisco network environment highly desirable
If you are interested and believe your skills would be an excellent match for this Network Engineer opportunity, please apply to this job or submit your resume.
Elevate Technology Solutions is a staffing and consulting services company. Our mission is to deliver innovative consultants and solutions that help our customers achieve what they want most: high quality, cost-effective results. We are able to deliver highly skilled resources in many disciplines such as Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Mobility, Information Security and Business Intelligence. We concentrate in three practices that pose the greatest challenges for our clients today; Information Technology, Enterprise Applications, and Creative and Marketing.
“Exceeding Expectations—Raising the Bar”